The "Other" Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
It’s time to buy yourself a run stand

If I had another car to build I would do that. At this point, Im done. My last projects. Ive had too many over the years although I wish I could build another Jeep.
Funny, I was just at a local cruise night Tuesday night and I told my buddy if I didnt have the Malibus I'd probably own some type of military vehicle.

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
If I had another car to build I would do that. At this point, Im done. My last projects. Ive had too many over the years although I wish I could build another Jeep.
Funny, I was just at a local cruise night Tuesday night and I told my buddy if I didnt have the Malibus I'd probably own some type of military vehicle.
I would get bored if my stuff didn’t break

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
Great looking car! just my style!!!! I have to ask, where was this wire splice located that you redid? That is crazy! I love to redo mine. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200926-081946.png
    Screenshot_20200926-081946.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 212

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Great looking car! just my style!!!! I have to ask, where was this wire splice located that you redid? That is crazy! I love to redo mine. Thanks!

I didnt redo this splice. I fixed another issue that the previous owner did when he wired in an amp gauge. He cut the wires at the fuse block so short I couldnt fix them. I went to a local yard that had a stripped Monte and pulled out a good portion of the OEM harness. This splice was in the harness coming out of the rear of the fuse block and I found it when I was stripping it down do get a piece long enough to fix mine. Pretty crazy huh ? I think this might be for some lighting circuit.
It was wrapped in black tape similar to duct tape.

Reactions: 1 user

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
My factory headlight harness had the same splice connector wrapped in that black tape also, junk! Where exactly behind or under the dash did you find that splice?

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
My factory headlight harness had the same splice connector wrapped in that black tape also, junk! Where exactly behind or under the dash did you find that splice?

It was in the thickest part of the harness that was coming out of the fuse block under the dash. Not sure of the year Monte but it was a mid 80s. The dash was pulled so I just cut out what I needed. All for this small piece of buss. You can see how short the old one was. I spliced the top one into the harness about 9-10" into the harness.

Attachments

• IMG_1914 (002) (1).JPG
    IMG_1914 (002) (1).JPG
    516.8 KB · Views: 198
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor