The perfect stance

Status
Not open for further replies.

D's350GP

Apprentice
Aug 14, 2006
Id like to give my GP a great looking stance, low up front and higher in back.If i had the money to spend id probably bag it, but im poor. So i plan to just buy lowering springs and adjustable shocks, or if possible maybe some coilovers. Does anybody have any experience dealing with this, any advice would help.Thanks

D's350GP said:
Id like to give my GP a great looking stance, low up front and higher in back.If i had the money to spend id probably bag it, but im poor. So i plan to just buy lowering springs and adjustable shocks, or if possible maybe some coilovers. Does anybody have any experience dealing with this, any advice would help.Thanks

o'reilly sells an airshock kit for the rear for about $65. then u could get an air pump off a caddy and wire it to pump up the shocks. thats my plan until i can afford real airride. just be sure not to over inflate.

I put the Eibach springs on my GP. I had to order a set for a Monte Carlo since Eibach does not list the GP in their application. I checked with a dealer to make sure the springs on the MC and GP were the same which they were. I had a problem with the rear of the car being alot lower than the front. I put a 1" spacer in the back to bring the car up to about even. Eibach could not figure out what the problem could be so for now thats the way it is. As far as I know there is no difference in any G body configuration with the rear axle set up.

i used s10/blazer springs in the rear, cargo coils in the back. for shocks i used kyb gas-a-just shocks and for tires i used 255/60/15 rears and 215/60/15 front and im pretty happy with the way it sits.

If you want to increase your spring options you can also use springs from a 3rd gen F-body (1982-1992). The fronts are direct fit, and to use the rears you just have to make sure you get the rubber isolators from the F car.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I love the way mine sits. Stock Camino springs with 1 whole coil cut. In the back, there was a spacer we took out, and then I have those cheap spring compressors squeezing the back down 1.5" or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor