The Time to Get Creative Was Yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Call, write, visit your congressperson and hope you can salvage what's left to salvage.

superman running GIF

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
The concerning part is that they are literally just distribution for the product. Not manufacturing, not installing.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Carbureted motors dont need ecu, "add-ons", or "electronic defeat devices"...

Markup another point on the score card for non-ls motors....

Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
How did they get singled out?
Likely were ratted out. My money goes on someone who bought from them posted idiotic youtube videos and such, and, epa got where they bought from.

Alternative is how they claimed income in their filings and records. Enforcement loves working with the IRS.
You would think the EPA would be in HP Tuners shorts by now.
You can't be sure they aren't. This video does great for press time, but isn't something any lawyers I can think of would advise.

Then again, they may hope that revenue from the video viewership pays their fine on the consent decree I'm sure they need to sign

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
How did they get singled out?

EPA is trolling popular social media accounts and targeting them there. The supplemental release of the purchasers private information is especially alarming.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The concerning part is that they are literally just distribution for the product. Not manufacturing, not installing.

Unfortunately the same logic applies to drugs or human trafficking. If you are doing something illegal in the chain and discovered, you are culpable and should expect to be held accountable. More government isn't ideal... it may start well intentioned and principled, but eventually it grows it only seeks to serve itself.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
EPA is trolling popular social media accounts and targeting them there. The supplemental release of the purchasers private information is especially alarming.
So, I probably shouldn't put my EGR delete on Instagram? I believe there's a saying in the Navy, "hoist with your own petard" that might apply here.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
So, I probably shouldn't put my EGR delete on Instagram? I believe there's a saying in the Navy, "hoist with your own petard" that might apply here.

In the Army we typically say if something is happening that is so crazy/cool/amazing/insane that you want to record it: don't.

The result will haunt us all.

The same applies to all of the stupid high profile YouTubers doing cat/emissions deletes and driving on public roads. Enjoy your fine, dumbass. You earned it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor