thereS coolant EVERY WHERE!!!! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

avin85cutty

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2012
so my car started smoking.. i pop the hood and theres coolant every where.. the lower hose has a crack or a split and sprayed the coolant every where.. i know i have to replace it. so ill do that first thing tomorrow..but i just had everything under the hood washed and looking great now its all cover with coolant any idea how i can clean it off?? are there certain things water can get on. cuz i thought about just spraying the water hose in there.. also any other things i should look for in case it was damaged??

heres a picture to help
476b3d87.jpg

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
You can use simple green or purple power w/orange.....spray it on, let it soak for a minute or so... and rinse it off...best thing to do is wipe it dry with a clean cloth....otherwise you will see water spots...

avin85cutty

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2012
and im hearing the hose busted cuz the car over heated?? my temp light has been on and it automatically turns on as soon as i turn the key so i think the sensor is messed up. i replaced the top hose.. thermostat.. coolant bottle and cap just incase.. so i praying just an old hose is the problem.. but when i replace the hose and turn the engine on what should i look for to see if it did over heat?

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
make sure you have a good radiator cap as well with the correct pressure. If its running rough or smoking alot you might have popped a head gasket, if not then just keep an eye on the temp, check for leaks, and make sure your overflow is filled to the right amount as well

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
It looks like you're going to be safe, its just a little split. The only thing you should cover when spraying your engine is your distributor and your carburetor. Its not going to kill it if it gets wet, but I usually avoid spraying the alternator directly :idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor