Thermostat

Status
Not open for further replies.

so-liven

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2012
Pretty simple, but whats the easiest way to remove the thermostat housing without taking everything apart? I have the 3.8 V6 and the thermostat housing is already loose but there isnt enough space to just change the thermostat, so i figured removing the housing would be easier/necessary

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
yah your going to have to remove the hoses and bolts. then you can remove the housing and clean everything up and install new thermostat.

so-liven

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2012
yea, i'm at that point now but its in there. the distributor and the fuel line to the carb is keeping it from coming off

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
I don't know how the Buick V6 engine is set up but removing the thermostat housing should be self explanitory. If something's in your way, just move it so it's not in your way. For example, when I have to remove my thermostat housing on my Olds, I got to remove the damn cruise control bracket. That's just the way it is sometimes.

so-liven

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 21, 2012
late reply but thanks,
i had to take the fuel line off to make enough room. everythings all good now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor