Things Getting Cheaper, Making This Hobby Worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

He's not wrong, but I do believe there is some balance that has been brought by the expansion of the aftermarket and accessibility. Cheap, moderate, space grade parts all come with a compromise. The fact of the matter is hording some parts is very wise, because in 20-30 years from now finding a specific fastener or fitting is going to be a nightmare. Unless you 3D print it. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Sorry, I won't click a UTG or Scotty Kilmer vid. What's the TLDR synopsis? Cheap crap is still cheap crap?

• Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Sorry, I won't click a UTG or Scotty Kilmer vid. What's the TLDR synopsis? Cheap crap is still cheap crap?

So what are you watching - reruns of Whorespower TV?

Cheap crap is now everywhere and is going to kill you.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
So what are you watching - reruns of Whorespower TV?

Cheap crap is now everywhere and is going to kill you.
Haha, actually I watched a bunch of Power Block infomercials this morning when I got up at 3:30. Couldn't sleep.

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK

UTG, usually a long-winded, drawn out effort at talking about things everybody already knows. Like the video about crappy hydraulic lifters recently posted. I guess if you live under a rock, you might have missed the hundreds of discussions about it all over the web in the last few years.

Scotty Kilmer...absolutely the worst idiot I have ever had the misfortune of clicking on. I'd rather watch the mom-jean wearing idiot on Turnin Rust before I'd click another Kilmer video

• Haha
  • Agree

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Gotta hand it to both of them. They figured out how to generate clicks.

• Agree
Nov 4, 2012
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like the UTG videos. They seem to be blowing up and I thought I was the only person who couldn't understand why.

Scotty Kilmer, give me a fawking break. Yeah the guy who looks like a boomer Howdy Doody and works out of his own hoarder's nightmare of a garage on floor jacks seemingly has a customer with at least one of every car ever made since the inception of the automobile. Then when questioned he says he's been doing it for 50 years. Apparently being an ignorant jackass for 50 years makes you smart.

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
UTG, usually a long-winded, drawn out effort at talking about things everybody already knows. Like the video about crappy hydraulic lifters recently posted. I guess if you live under a rock, you might have missed the hundreds of discussions about it all over the web in the last few years.

Scotty Kilmer...absolutely the worst idiot I have ever had the misfortune of clicking on. I'd rather watch the mom-jean wearing idiot on Turnin Rust before I'd click another Kilmer video

I think Uncle Tony is trying to reach a younger audience, so if he is regurgitating known issues I don't believe it is at folks like us. I believe there are some young folks who can stand to benefit from his ramblings. Plus, at least he does stuff, at a snail's pace mind you.

I have never heard of that Scooty guy before - he looks like a real winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor