Thinking of adding an aftermarket cruise control set up. Anyone have any experience with them?

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
I have been looking at the Dakota Digital CRS-3000-1 or the Ididit 3100020000. Both are self contained and do not require vacuum. I like the speed sensor that can mount inline in the speedometer cable; that is a nice feature as I have several G body cables that are 2 piece and it can go in between them. They both offer turn signal levers with controls that have an "OEM" look to them.
Does anyone have any experience with either of these set ups? Just looking for some insight.

Attachments

• ididit.jpg
    ididit.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 87

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am guessing your wiper/washer controls are in the dash and not on the column.

dgmeadows

Greasemonkey
Mar 29, 2017
Georgia
I have the DD in my 1979 Cutlass, 6.0 GM LQ9 with 4L80e transmission, Holley Terminator X ECM & fuel injection. I ordered the blinker stalk switch, but my car doesn't have tilt wheel, very narrow column & the mechanic installing suggested we swap to the push button surface mount switch. It works, but surges over a 5 mph range constantly. I called DD about it this morning and they said it needs to be better calibrated as it should not surge like that. I was taking the car to body shop for some touch up, so I will have to get back with DD once I get it back.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor