Third Brake light in an Elky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjaffo

Apprentice
Jul 2, 2022
Monroe Wisconsin
I say be different and go for one of the truck tailgate ones, you could even have reverse light up with sequential turns

I was actually looking at similar ones on Summit. Just not digging it. Thank you for the suggestion tho.

Reactions: 1 user

buick7332

Master Mechanic
Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Philadelphia area
I bought an aftermarket one for my 82 Grand Prix. You need to run the wire from the brake light switch behind the brake pedal, not the brake light wiring or it will blink with the turn signal.

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I bought an aftermarket one for my 82 Grand Prix. You need to run the wire from the brake light switch behind the brake pedal, not the brake light wiring or it will blink with the turn signal.
When I wired mine there was a wire for both going to the tail light, if you didn't test before it could be confused easily

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
been running it for years.
I'm going to borrow this idea for my Cutlass. Melloelky is your rear window tinted???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor