Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2017
My 3rd brake light went out the other day and i was wondering if its worth replacing the bulb or replacing the entire thing. One of the only things in the car that I'm not quite sure with. I would just assume replace the bulb, but if that is more work than its worth Mikes Montes has the LED one for $50. Just trying to see what the best option is.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Just replacing the bulb is easy....there is one screw on each side of the light housing base, remove them and pull up and you will see the wire that plugs into te bulb.

The LED upgrade is nice, but you do have to take the housing apart to mount the led board....not a difficult task just takes a couple more screws and some patience. The LED board plugs right into the existing wiring. I don't have a pic of mine on the phone, but it's really bright!

HTH

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor