This coulda been really bad!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
Yeah your lucky you caught it before something bad happened.

My aunt was just driving my cousins Tahoe a couple weeks ago, took it to the shop to get a flat tire fixed. She was driving on I-95 and the tire came off and bounced onto the on comming traffic. I mean can we really not trust mechanics to tighten our lugs? i guess everything they do is half assed :blam:

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
jrm81bu said:
the lesson of always checking your own nuts myself.

pfffttttt. bahahah!! :mrgreen:

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
ive seen wheels fly off on the freeway

When I was stationed in Cali that happened to the Gunny that ran our shop. He drove from Riverside to El Toro everyday in a hooptie Festiva. One day on the way to work he saw his passenger side rear tire fly past him. The car didn't weigh sh*t so nothing bad happened. :rofl:

chiguy109

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2011
UR REALLY LUCKY THIS WAS BEFORE MY GBODY DAYS I HAD TWO CHEVY CAPRICE'S A 86 BROUGHAM,AND A 89 LS THIS WAS IN 03 04 WHEN THE BIG HUNDRED SPOKES FRIST HIT I GO BUY ME SUM I PUT THEM ON THE BRO CAUSE THEY STILL LOOKED CHEAP TO ME BUT THEY WERE BIG SO U KNO I WAIT FOR THE LS WHEELS TILL I GET THE MONEY FOR THREE PIECE RIM CAUSE THE CAR WAS CUSTOM BUT ANYWAY I HAD THE RIMS ON BOUT A WK BUT JUST BK&FT TO WORK NO E WAY DRIVING TILL THIS WEEKEND I WONT TO GO SHOW THE CAR TO MY GIRL SO I CLEEN HER UP THOUGHT I WAS MAKIN SURE THE WHEELS WAS TIGHT BUT 1 CAME OFF AFTER BOUT 15 MIN OF EWAY DRIVING I HATE 100 SPOKES

chevymalibu283

Apprentice
Apr 4, 2013
I too was reminded how important it is to check all the fasteners after working on your car. I replaced the rear brakes on a VW rabbit and In my haste to get to a friends house i had done a hurry up brake job and when done I made sure the lugs were tight and dust cap was on the hub and proceeded to head out for the night. While driving my buddy and i heard noise coming from the rear of the car but nothing we checked gave us any clue as to what the problem was. So we drove the rest of the nite and decided to check it out in the morning. Morning comes, I lift the car up on jack stands and go the the wheel making the noise and its completely loose. So i open my tool box to get started and lo and behold there was the wheel nut in my TOOL BOX, no on the spindle!! DOH!!! i slapped my head and thought WOW last nite couldve went so much worse then it had lol. In short, DOUBLE Check your work before turning the key on! :)

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I wear an ID badge for work, with a key on the lanyard that I use a lot. I helped a fella jumpstart his car. The cars were kinds far apart, and the positive clamp was kinda close. When I leaned over, the key swung between the positive jumper clamp and a protruding bracket. POP! It kind of welded itself for a moment, so it wasn't just a little spark. Saw spots for a few minutes and later noticed chunk of something had melted into my glasses lens. Yikes! That which doesn't kill you may still require a change of underwear.

The funny part was asking for a new key. 'What's wrong with that one?' 'It doesn't turn the lock anymore'. 'Why not?' 'Well, you see....'

:shock:

ssn696

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor