This is a shame....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
http://www.thedrive.com/news/13335/...t-150-cars-at-illinois-classic-car-dealership

q2vu4xligv4qog5qzq4s.png

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
yeah I seen this, its just suck's *ss.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Looter

Apprentice
Jun 27, 2016
Read about that last night on Hemmings. I used to check em out a lot since they're not far from my family. Lots of Malibus and Oldsmobiles, and they had a nice '82 Regal for only $3k and the listing is gone now☹️

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That's a heartbreaking loss. Hope the guy has good insurance coverage.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You're absolutely right, Opie.
Money could never replace these cars...they're lost forever....that's a sad thought. There's just a limited amount of these old cars left.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
It's a damn shame. I hope they figure out how it started so it never happens again. My... my eyes are sweating. :(

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The market has made them inaccessible to normal folks - so they sit and rot, or burn.

Cars were meant to be driven - collectors have hurt (and helped) the hobby.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The market has made them inaccessible to normal folks - so they sit and rot, or burn.

Cars were meant to be driven - collectors have hurt (and helped) the hobby.
Mike,
You certainly have your "so called" collectors and car hoarders out there. These people do tend to keep many cars out of circulation and out of the hands of people that would otherwise do good by them.
As you said, these cars will either rot or burn to the ground.
Some of these old curmudgeons would rather let them rot than let anyone buy them and give 'em a good home. I never could understand that. They think they can take them to the netherworld when they depart.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Just because there burned Don't necessarily mean there gone forever it's to much work in some cases of course but I personally know of 2 rare classic musle cars that burned to the ground in a garage fire convertibles at that both of them are back together and winning shows and no one even knows it happened well except for the one and a few close friends and family... And a lot of parts suppliers. My point is that some can be saved hell they look like rat rods now I'd do one

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor