This is why you really want to buy southern cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
This 82 lived it's whole life in central OK, interiors take a beating, but the metal sure is nice.

Frame still has black paint on most places after a quick trip to the car wash, floors were nice too with a quick vacuum

SAM_1714.JPG SAM_1726.JPG SAM_1725.JPG SAM_1724.JPG SAM_1723.JPG

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 9 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It's nice to have that option but the aftermarket sheet metal replacement companies rely on the rest of us to make their money.
My 86' Regal needed inner and outer rockers on both sides , I only bought the outer's and fabricated the inner's and I also had to fab up the area under both sides of the rear seat area and body mount supports.
I would have preferred starting with something cleaner but I was doing this one on a budget.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Undercoating ftw. My car is as solid as the day it was built. However it'd be nice to not have to scrape it off the parts I need to work on.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Undercoating ftw. My car is as solid as the day it was built. However it'd be nice to not have to scrape it off the parts I need to work on.
I would rather scrape off undercoating than have to blast off rust.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I'm OK with undercoating, as long as it was applied when new, and is checked peiodically to make sure it is still effective, I once owned an OT car that was Ziebarted when new and lived for 19 years in Iowa. It held up really well, but man I hated those damn yellow plugs,,,and the goo inside all the closed areas like the doors. Finally when it was 29 years old, it started to have some bubbly rot in the dogleg, but everything else was still golden.

I HAVE seen some messes where undercoating was applied over rust problems, which then aggravated the situation since the damage was sealed off on one side.

SSClassic

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2017
Pennsylvania
yeah i have seen some serious redneck bodywork over the yrs,but the best one is expanda foam in the rot hole then covered with duct tape followed by a case of undercoating lol Git R done

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away

My Regal was undercoated back when it was new and is still in good shape.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
My Regal was undercoated back when it was new and is still in good shape.
Same. And my car has been an Iowa car since it was delivered in July of 85.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor