This makes me laugh and cry at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I can't believe someone would spend so much money to ruin a Monte SS with t-tops by putting on lambo doors, a mural on the hood and the thing that makes me laugh the most is that ridiculous interior, I would expect to see Ronald McDonald get out of this car :rofl:
Or maybe it's just me and I just don't know good taste when I see it.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/3447714351.html

I never really understood that aspect of the donk/bubble/box hobby, or whatever the label is for the lifted-on-huge-wheels offshoot, but there are quite a few cars i've seen pictures of that are done to a brand, like McDonalds, Coke, M&Ms etc. At some point many of these are going to be bought back up and turned back into drivable vehicles or used for parts i am thinking.

Look here for some others

http://www.google.com/search?q=donkey&h ... 51&bih=775

Needs "paint touch up". Crayola?

HaHa... Does the 'hood' mural say "fruit gushers"? They probably wasted the $5500 asking price between the paint, doors, & mcdonalds interior...

I wouldn't even use that as a parts car. Big wheel cars are really hard on suspension, steering and brake components. I'd bet it's just as bad under the hood too. On the bright side, for every one of these abominations that gets built (ruined), all the rest of our cars get fractionally more rare...and valuable. We all win :lol: .

At the end of the day cars like these are just Cultural.... just like Canadians like hockey or Americans like football.
Lets face it people who like Hip Hop Culture like these type of cars and people who like classic rock like stock bodys with a 350 and turbo 350 lol.

Everytime I see one of these friggin things I start trying to figure out if its fixable, and how difficult it would be to fix, lol. There's a lot of em here in Pittsburgh, sadly enough.

I wasn't even really talking about the styling choices -- to each his own. From a structural and mechanical standpoint I just think most of these cars are beyond "fixing" if you were to try to get it back to a stock-ish configuration. Really no different from trying to undo a hydroed lowrider, lifted off-road Jeep, a riced-out Civic, or even an '80's style prostreet '69 Camaro. The amount of time and money that would be required just doesn't pencil out.

DRIVEN said:
I wasn't even really talking about the styling choices -- to each his own. From a structural and mechanical standpoint I just think most of these cars are beyond "fixing" if you were to try to get it back to a stock-ish configuration. Really no different from trying to undo a hydroed lowrider, lifted off-road Jeep, a riced-out Civic, or even an '80's style prostreet '69 Camaro. The amount of time and money that would be required just doesn't pencil out.

I agree it hurts me to see a Gbody getting bounced in bounce tournments as well. Who can make there car jump the highest ..... oh well at least I have mine.

Well I've been looking for a nice clean "unmolested" gbody for little while preferably a Cutlass or Regal and if the right deal comes along maybe a Monte or something else.
The problem is 95% of the cars I see locally have some resemblance to this one and besides the fact I'd have to bring it home at night with a tarp on to not embarrass myself the cost to bring it back to something that looks sort of stock would be more than the car is worth.
Also I am looking for one with ac and it seems like if anyone even touches the engine the first thing they do is rip out the ac maybe it was in the way of #8 spark plug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor