This Month is National (Insert Here) Awareness Month!

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Man, this crap is out of control. Last week, my job informed me that September is National Hispanic Heritage Month. Ok. What am I spoda do with or about that? This morning, my local news informed me that it's also Alopecia Awareness Month. Oh, and don't forget: it's also Suicide Prevention Month. I'm sure there are other causes that share September as well. Many probably have a cause that is near and dear to their heart for some reason or another, and for that, I can sympathize. However, have these people not heard of market over-saturation? There comes a point when people don't notice your cause because it falls inline with all the rest. Can we just make it stop? Or, "if ya can't beat'em, join'em": I now designate October as Oldsmobile Awareness Month!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
To me every month is " National I don't have enough money awareness month" cause I keep getting bills mailed to me. But if you want to help this poor under funded GBF member to have enough money so he can do more work on his current project, afford one for the Jr. Mechanic & maybe one or two extras just send a self abused stomped envelope with lots of money. Your reward will be knowing you help a undeserving cheapscape buy/save more A/G's & parts while getting his wife irritated cause he's too busy messing with cars instead of what she wants done & allows a eight year old brag he has his own real car. Remember it's more about the children than the cheapscape but the cheapscape will be happy.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It was Overdose Awareness Day a few days ago so I drank a 12 pack to honor it......:friday:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
It's funny I was having a conversation with another one of our techs yesterday. Working for a large company like Cummins it's all about political correctness and it is beyond annoying. If you log on to employee page it's completely covered in women's rights this, Hispanic culture that. LGBT-abcdefg something else. They have quietly been restructuring the company and giving people big positions not because they are qualified but because they are of color or a women. When it gonna stop. This company is now ran by people that have absolutely no idea about engines or the service industry.

• Wow
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
There was a hairstylist business in England who place an ad for a happy hairstylist and they were told they had to drop the word happy cause that excludes unhappy hairstylists from applying.... :popcorn:

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
It's funny I was having a conversation with another one of our techs yesterday. Working for a large company like Cummins it's all about political correctness and it is beyond annoying. If you log on to employee page it's completely covered in women's rights this, Hispanic culture that. LGBT-abcdefg something else. They have quietly been restructuring the company and giving people big positions not because they are qualified but because they are of color or a women. When it gonna stop. This company is now ran by people that have absolutely no idea about engines or the service industry.

Was a supervisor before I retired and I'm not touching that one.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I'm sure glad the cultural enforcement committee hasn't come to my house yet to force me to celebrate that yet.

Oh wait that's right, because I can just choose to not celebrate something if I don't want to or if it doesn't necessarily apply to me. Somebody else wants to celebrate <whatever> month hey that's cool, good for them, not gonna disparage them for it. No harm done to me or anyone else, right?

Or maybe I was simply "made aware" (as were you) which was kind of the point. "Oh yeah, cool I guess, never considered that before, never knew that was even a thing, huh...." and carry on with my day. I don't get the vitriol behind allowing people to celebrate something that makes them different or sets them apart from everyone, or for bringing attention to a cause. Even if I don't "belong" to it or necessarily care about or affected by the cause du jour, hey, good for you. I Was made aware, mission accomplished.

Is it being "shoved down our throats?" Maybe IDK. Show me on the doll where diversity and inclusion hurt you I guess.

First person to chime in "bUt wHaT aBoUt WhItE hIsTorY mOnTh" gets a permanent ban. If you can't tell or don't understand the difference (or do and just want to be a dick) then we are all lost.

Highlighted the part you should really be paying attention to and getting mad about. The last big company (oilfield, 20y) I worked for started doing this crap in 2007/2008 before the crash. Built themselves a new "corporate castle HQ" and walled themselves up inside it. Consolidated divisions, created a sh*t ton of executive level divisions and positions, got rid of plants and workers to "simplify the business" and instead just created a top-down culture that was good for nobody but them. Stock price (among other things) rolled downhill until 10y later they got bought out and flushed down the toilet.

Be mad at the right people for the right reasons.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor