Throttle cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
A factory truck cable "should" work, and would be easier to find used than a LS1 car cable. I'm running an aftermarket cable since I have a different bracket. It's pretty easy to get the adjustment right, and was only $30ish off ebay if I recall correctly. I'm using the factory G body pedal fitting, just transferred to this cable.
20210416_133158.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I remember the truck cable coming up as sought-after because it was longer than the stockers. that said I don't know first hand being true

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Factory Truck Cable here.

Do you people actually try things anymore, you know that whole concept of trial and error, or is it lets get on the internet and ask the basic of basic sh*t without even looking to see what people have used.

Pic for reference for the reading impaired.

6.0L T56 FRONT CENTER.jpg

• Dislike
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Codyccg

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 21, 2021
Flint,mi
Factory Truck Cable here.

Do you people actually try things anymore, you know that whole concept of trial and error, or is it lets get on the internet and ask the basic of basic sh*t without even looking to see what people have used.

Pic for reference for the reading impaired.

View attachment 174577
Ooops my bad... Sorry guys we got a thread Nazi over here!

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Trial and error is fine. But isn't this place for learning from others?

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Ooops my bad... Sorry guys we got a thread Nazi over here!
Not really, just figured I'd help you newbs that like to be spoon fed instead of venturing out on your own to try things and do some research. Some of us have had our cars built for over a decade with the info well posted out there.. try searching for it. You aren't the first one trying to LS Swap a Gbody.

My wallet doesnt like trial and error lol id rather have the right part the first time and move on :)
I guess if a $5 cable breaks the bank then you might not want to build a car..

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor