Time for the new Isky lifters to get installed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
I thought that I would start a new thread rather than continue this one;
I am finally getting around to putting my new IskyEZ Roll Helix solid roller lifters in the 513 BBC.
So far I have the top of the engine stripped down and the gasket surface on the heads and china wall are almost clean.
I dont want to take any more chance of losing a lifter like what happened in 2014.That caused a lot of damage and cost a lot of money to fix.
I hope to get this done in the next couple of days.
Its awful hot and humid,so I only do so much at a time.Then I need a nice cold beverage to help me cool off 🍺
Guy

Reactions: 2 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Reactions: 1 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Made some progress yesterday.
All gasket surfaces are clean.
The intake got a fresh coat of PoR 15 black engine enamel.
Six of the eight sets of new lifters are in place.
So far,all the Jesel rockers look like the day that I put them in,the pushrods,springs,retainers etc., all look fine as well.
The lifters that I'm taking out are all good to,no wear spots or rough turning wheels.
While I am doing this I'm also gonna paint the water pump,change the fuel filter and change the engine oil and filter.
Theres no way the new lifters are going to see dirty oil.
Guy

Reactions: 1 user

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Got this one almost done.
All the lifters are in place,everything got cleaned real good,and the intake is back on.
I used the proper AFR 0.120 thick intake gasket and it fit perfect.
I laid down what looks like a perfect bead of Ultra Black on the china walls.
The carb,distributor and alternator are on.The rad is refilled,a new fuel filter and fuel line hose from the pump to the carb is on,the oil and filter got changed.
The valve lash needs to be checked,put the valve covers on,and if I have everything hooked up correctly,it should fire up !! Fingers crossed...
Guy

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Well,I can cross another job off the old "To Do" list.
Checked the valve lash this morning,cleaned the valve covers and put them back on.
After a few cranks to get the gas going into the carb,she fired right up !!
I still need to check the timing,although it is probably very close to 34 degrees BTDC.
Feels good to have these new lifters in and I'm hoping they should be good for many years of driving !!
Guy

Reactions: 3 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
What's special about the lifters?

These are the newest and latest design of bushed solid roller lifters from Isky Cams.
Manufactured by Johnson Lifters in Michigan to Isky specs.
Here is the info from Isky;
I had emailed Richard Iskenderian at Isky Cams asking about these new lifters and here is his reply;
"Hello Guy;
Thanks for being a loyal Isky Customer !
The Helix Bushing is designed for Supercharged, Turbocharged and/or High Spring Load Normally Aspirated Applications & Street Applications with a good amount of idling, to allow you to get extra oil to the bushing.
We have discontinued the EZX Bushing and only use the EZMAX and EZHELIX options now.
Unless your loads are extreme on the street ( over 900 lbs open ) , normally the EZMAX works just fine. There is nothing negative about using Helix on the street , especially if you want additional insurance. It may not be
totally necessary ( the extra cost however over EZMAX is $ 50.00 ) .
You should see some extra life on the street but it will depend on your open spring loads. I wouldn't say you
could double the life but expect somewhere between 25-50% more life on the street with the Helix.
Hope this information helps."
I know that they are probably overkill for my application,but the $ 50.00 upgrade is peanuts compared to the overall price.
The extra peace of mind is priceless !!
Guy

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor