CUTLASS timing mark 85 olds 307

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
I have a 1980 olds cutlass calais that the previous owner put a 307 out of an 85? olds station wagon it has a four-barrel intake and ac and an air pump and the original hei dist with the 5 terminal module. i guess the extra terminal goes to a vacuum sensor that advances the timing in response to the vacuum the dist is out sitting on the bench when i reinstall it should the engine be at tdc or a little before? the car won't be a daily driver. so i will hook up the vacuum advance and the vacuum modulator to the transmission. should i hook up the air pump as well or will that help anything? i am thinking about finding a 350 olds out of the 70's or late 60's to rebuild and put in.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Just put it at TDC. I assume it has a non computer Qjet as well? Either way 20 degrees base is a good timing number. Yes, that extra terminal rewards timing 10 degrees, I believe, when grounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor