TIMING O.K., STAND K or P Stamps for Valve Covers on Olds 307 V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Ok, trying to make some "stamps" for the valve cover, driver side front. As far as I've seen, I've only seen "Stand K" (1985 442) and "Stand P" (1984 H/O) for engine timing checks.

Are there others? So far I've only got 2. Just wondering. Going to send off to get some rubber stamps made and I want to have some options. Didn't 83 H/O have these as well, only covered up partially by those stupid big azz decals?

When I printed these, I forgot to expand the space between the images and got a Siamese. They're actually separate.

Valve Cover Engine Stand Timing OK Stamp Test Run.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I also saw an 86 with a "C". That's it for that one. P's were on the 84 H/Os that I've seen, and K seems to be the plan of the day on the 85s. Some of them got smeared pretty badly.

This is generally speaking. I don't know if there was a certain stand that was used for certain years, models, etc. My gray 85 442 was stand K, my black 85, although faded badly, is a K, and the interwebz pics I can find with 85s have a K.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor