Tim's '81 Monte Carlo Build thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2013
This car has been in my family since the year I was born, my Dad built it with the idea that "if it doesn't make it go fast, I dont need it" so this car had a completely new drive train installed. A sbc 355 that has work dont to it but other than a comp cam in not sure what, th350 with a shift kit, a custom made drive shaft and a 10 bolt limited slip rear with 3.73 richmond gears. Then he deleted the a/c and heater, added a nice paint job and let it sit in his garage for about 10 years. One day out of the blue he tells me that he wants to free up some room in his garage and wanted to know if I wanted his car! So, now I own it! My current project is reupholstering the entire interior going from maroon to black, I plan to update this thread with pics of my progress. Hope you guys enjoy!

Heres a pic of the car the day I got it:

And a few from the first car show I took it to before doing anything to it:

And... I rained on the mustang parade...

I won 3rd. Place, not bad for a car that sat in a garage never started for the last 10 years! Now on to what I've done so far and future plans!

Filled in the passenger side dash vents as the car doesn't have heat or ac.. and wrapped the trim in woodgrain:

Picked up a new shifter:

Got a new trim piece for the shifter and wrapped it in woodgrain:

Picked up new interior door handles for the custom 1 piece door pannels I'm making:

Picked up 2 new bucket seats:

Thats all the pic for now, I have a ton more interior stuff ordered just waiting for it to come in! This should be one fun summer!

Mar 24, 2013
Got some work done over the ast few weeks when I can find the time.. I ripped out the old maroon carpet and front seats, insulated the floor with a buytal based rubber insulation (best thing ever done) and installed the new Pro car elite seats!

Before:

During:

After:

Forgive the crummy floor mat, it's long gone now...

I still have a ton of interior work to do, but it's a start. Next I'm going to make custom one piece door panels!
Now for some pics of the car all cleaned up...

trocutlass63

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Metro Detroit
Looks good. I really like the paint, never seen one done up like that before, really cool 8)

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
That paint scheme is sick! Where/what did you get the bucket seats out of? How do they feel compared to the stock ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor