tinted lights, euro cutlass

nickonometry

nickonometry

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2019
Has anyone seen or done a tint job on a euro style front end turn corner marker lights? Thinking about darkening up the curved orange marker lights on my cutty, the orange to me looks ugly and kind of stands out too much with the white/black stormtrooper theme I got going on haha. I tried googling some pics but no luck, I saw a few nice looking 86's with the other style front end, but nothing on an 87 or 88. Also, any recommendations or gotchas I should consider before doing it myself? Thanks!

cutty.jpg

Streetbu

Streetbu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Scuff with a red Scotchbrite pad, wash several times with Dawn and hot water. Put gloves on and dry them. If you see any shiny spots touch them up. Spray automotive clear paint with a few drops of black in it on lights until you get your desired tint level. Let dry. Install and enjoy

nickonometry

nickonometry

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2019
lights are made to be seen by other drivers to prevent accidents.... I like my brake and turn signal lights as noticeable as possible.....:popcorn:
Good point, I'm thinking that with the super bright LEDs I have in there, combined with a subtle tint job, I will still be brighter than stock

Anubis

Anubis

Royal Smart Person
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Judging by the over spray in the wheel opening she has fresh paint? Looks like a solid car! Have you considered going with the 442 grille? Satin black would look good with white exterior and hood. The amber lights don't bother me. I would leave them alone.

nickonometry

nickonometry

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2019
Judging by the over spray in the wheel opening she has fresh paint? Looks like a solid car! Have you considered going with the 442 grille? Satin black would look good with white exterior and hood. The amber lights don't bother me. I would leave them alone.
Is the 442 grille the pre-87,88 front end? With the square headlights?

Reactions: dr78442
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A 78 Malibu Tail lights Wanted 0
blackbuck350 LED lights Electrical / Ignition / Starting 12
A MONTE CARLO Check Engine light Chevrolet Monte Carlo / SS / Malibu 2
C tail lights Body / Trim / Paint / Glass 35