tinted lights, euro cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickonometry

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2019
Has anyone seen or done a tint job on a euro style front end turn corner marker lights? Thinking about darkening up the curved orange marker lights on my cutty, the orange to me looks ugly and kind of stands out too much with the white/black stormtrooper theme I got going on haha. I tried googling some pics but no luck, I saw a few nice looking 86's with the other style front end, but nothing on an 87 or 88. Also, any recommendations or gotchas I should consider before doing it myself? Thanks!

cutty.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Scuff with a red Scotchbrite pad, wash several times with Dawn and hot water. Put gloves on and dry them. If you see any shiny spots touch them up. Spray automotive clear paint with a few drops of black in it on lights until you get your desired tint level. Let dry. Install and enjoy

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
lights are made to be seen by other drivers to prevent accidents.... I like my brake and turn signal lights as noticeable as possible.....:popcorn:

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

nickonometry

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2019
lights are made to be seen by other drivers to prevent accidents.... I like my brake and turn signal lights as noticeable as possible.....:popcorn:

Good point, I'm thinking that with the super bright LEDs I have in there, combined with a subtle tint job, I will still be brighter than stock

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I used to wanna darken my amber corner lights up too, but after refinishing them and polishing up I'm good with how they look....
20200502_193426.jpg
20200514_170740.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

nickonometry

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2019
Judging by the over spray in the wheel opening she has fresh paint? Looks like a solid car! Have you considered going with the 442 grille? Satin black would look good with white exterior and hood. The amber lights don't bother me. I would leave them alone.
Is the 442 grille the pre-87,88 front end? With the square headlights?

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor