TIP...Overspray On MCSS Grille and Headlight Housings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
My white SS had white overspray on the black front end trim ---a light dusting of specks that was barely noticeable. I used lacquer thinner and a white cloth to lightly rub the black trim to clean it. The black parts were not affected by the lacquer thinner when used carefully. Test a small hidden area first before committing to the job. Avoid contact with the body paint if it's lacquer based.

Basically, the lower spoiler black material, black headlight recesses and black grill are the same coating not affected by lacquer thinner. I make no guarantee every SS has the identical material. I'm happy to finally have an unspeckled grille and headlight recesses although no one else noticed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor