tips and tricks to adjust a edelbrock 1406

Status
Not open for further replies.

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
any tips on what to do to adjust it well and get power out of the sorry 305 my boy has a 305 and spins his 22 like nothing stock 305 with everything oem i wanna adjust my carb right so i will be able to do the same also sometime i hit the gas on it sometimes and it takes of like the wind and other times it wont go anywhere like for example now :(

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
Do you have a an electric or manual choke? Your buddies 305 may be in better shape then yours...ie: lower miles, shape. care etc etc..check the timing and adjustments A 1406 should be somewhat easy to adjust depending on the which cam your using....

87chevyboy

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
85GPLef41 said:
Do you have a an electric or manual choke? Your buddies 305 may be in better shape then yours...ie: lower miles, shape. care etc etc..check the timing and adjustments A 1406 should be somewhat easy to adjust depending on the which cam your using....

electric choke bro and i think it is his is stock tho i believe my 305 has a stock cam i think im gonna put a mild cam to go with my performer intake and i adjusted it today thanks to khans tips bro hey what kind of cam would you recommend :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor