Tire Rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
My go-to tire source, Tire Rack, has been bought out by Discount Tire. I've been finding the oddball sizes on their website for years. I did not know that both companies were private. It does explain their fairly low profiles. But now I understand why they now offer installation services...

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
That's unfortunate for some folks.

I'm lucky in that we have an independent operator here that has been able to get everything we've ever needed at work (barring manufacturer no-stock status), both wheel and tire. They even found a 6-year-out of production Eagle wheel for one of my old wagons.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
It will be hard to untangle reduced size/brand availability from supply chain issues plus reduced demand. I know that the 255/50-16s from the Discorvette era are disappearing. Those have been my go-to size from the IROC and ZQ8 wheels I've gathered over the years. My next set will probably be the smaller-diameter F-body 245/50-16 size.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
It will be hard to untangle reduced size/brand availability from supply chain issues plus reduced demand. I know that the 255/50-16s from the Discorvette era are disappearing. Those have been my go-to size from the IROC and ZQ8 wheels I've gathered over the years. My next set will probably be the smaller-diameter F-body 245/50-16 size.
The 245/50s are what I've been buying for the 16s....never even thought of the 255s, and the 235/55s were stupidly expensive,probably due to low demand

When we put tires on the wife's Renegade, the OE tire was on backorder with no ETA, but they were able to come up with a US-sourced tire for a couple bucks more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor