Tire sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
So I just ordered a set of 20in us may wheels.. 20x8 fronts and 20x9.5 rears. My question is...is it's possible to run 305s in the rear without rubbing..if not all suggestions are welcome..also plan to do a 2in drop in the rear for a better stance.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I don't think you're going to be able to do that without notching the frame and tubbing the wheel houses.

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
I don't think you're going to be able to do that without notching the frame and tubbing the wheel houses.
Okay that's why i posted to see what would be my best option.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Okay that's why i posted to see what would be my best option.
I'm sure you'll hear the same answer from other guys as well. 305's are quite wide.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
On a GP, 275 's will need the fenders rolled and the wheel backspacing to be perfect, unless the back end is jacked way up. A monte or a buick or a malibu have no issues with a 275, but the rear quarters flair in on a GP, not out like those other G-bodies.

Reactions: 1 user

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
On a GP, 275 's will need the fenders rolled and the wheel backspacing to be perfect, unless the back end is jacked way up. A monte or a buick or a malibu have no issues with a 275, but the rear quarters flair in on a GP, not out like those other G-bodies.
Thanks for that advice..i guess I'll have to wait till I'm home to see what works and what doesn't..im deployed right now so im ordering and shipping things home..sure my wife is tired of car parts coming in..what would you suggest as a good tire to go on 20x9.5 with a 2in rear drop

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Thanks for that advice..i guess I'll have to wait till I'm home to see what works and what doesn't..im deployed right now so im ordering and shipping things home..sure my wife is tired of car parts coming in..what would you suggest as a good tire to go on 20x9.5 with a 2in rear drop

It depends on your rear gear and what motor/trans you are running.

275/30's are just a little bigger than stok @ 26.5" diameter, but 275/35's are 27.5" diameter and will fill the wheel well better. Unless you have 3.4 :1 gears or higher, I'd run the shorter tire.

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
It depends on your rear gear and what motor/trans you are running.

275/30's are just a little bigger than stok @ 26.5" diameter, but 275/35's are 27.5" diameter and will fill the wheel well better. Unless you have 3.4 :1 gears or higher, I'd run the shorter tire.
Ill be doing an 5.3 ls swap once I'm home haven't decided what im going to do with the rear end just yet..still have more research to do..this was a v6 car so I know the gears are going to be changed once im back stateside

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor