GN Tire width Increase limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattsgn

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2021
Hi All
Just registered to this site, been on several GN sites over the years but have been doormat now for years. My GN was kinda boring me but I have revived my interests as I'm in the process of installing an LS3. My question is I'm not going to mini-tub it on this round but may in the future. I need to know from y'alls experience what are the widest tires I can get under there? I will be buying new rims/tires and using offset rims to accomplish the widest application?

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You will have to decide if you are upsizing to a larger diameter wheel like a 17" or 18", you can go wider with a larger diameter wheel because the section width is less to a comparable 15" wheel

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
It must be widest tire Sunday.

As I understand it, I still hold the record for stock frame tire stuffage:

Lips were trimmed. Custom width spacers left and right.

And this wasn't some BS fat tires fit and never get used nonsense, it was fully functional:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor