To Roto Joint or Not To Roto Joint

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
OK, kinda boredom & kinda what the hell on this one (& expecting to reopen the debate too) with a 10% off Summit coupon motivating it all. I'm looking at ordering a set of UMI's non adustable rear upper arms in black but I'm debating to getting the regular one that are in stock or wait for the roto joint version which they excpect to drop ship in 2 months. My Monte will be a street cruiser & won't see any track time. I did call UMI Sales to get details on the roto joint as I was checking in on their lead times which is sooner than Summits projected time & did talked about which would be a better choice for a more show (cruise) than go car. Now this is where the GBF family can help spend my money. The future looks like a set of lowers to be added too in the future. I'll ask to fight nicely over the poly/rubber/roto debate.
Now...
Go Do It GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I bought a Roto-joint style upper for my Monte years ago plus they are in car adjustable and even though my Regal is a "budget" cruiser I still bought the Roto-joint uppers because it is suppose to articulate without binding and I got the adjustable ones because when you change ride height you also change pinion angle.
IMG_20201012_154323755.jpg

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 7 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I roto-joint everything I can. UMI Sales , still looking for that sponsorship. DM me - we got a 3rd Gen F-body here that needs some love. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I bought UMI uppers with roto joints to prevent any binding.

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I don't see a reason not to. Plus, with the government printing presses driving inflation like its the Carter administration then I'd reckon your money holds its value better in a desirable part you can take off later to resell I'd you change your mind than if it was in the bank.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Having had my car with all poly bushings in the front and rear. Don't. It binds. Absolutely. Makes it twitchy. Get the rotojoints.

Reactions: 4 users

403Olds

G-Body Guru
May 31, 2014
South Central Ohio
I had poly uppers, then switched to non-adjustable roto joint uppers. Didn't notice a lot of difference, other than noise transmittal, but wish I would have gotten adjustable ones.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Get adjustables. It makes dialing in the pinion angle and alignment so easy. On top of that the roto joints are durable as hell.

• Agree

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
yes,all day long.UMI all day.any kind of spherical bearing is better than poly and much better than any rod end on the planet,even the Teflon lined ones.

• Agree

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Dang y'all, gonna have me wanting to swap out my uppers and lowers this winter! Mine are all poly, well because that was the thing to do years back when I bought them. As with tech advancements, the roto joints are the cats meow and show long term strength. Better start saving.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor