BUILD THREAD Tomeal's Elky Build

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Will take a closer look and get pictures when I'm home this afternoon.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Wow. makes me tired just looking at the pics of the work you have done. Can't wait to see finished product. I am sure you can't either

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Wow. makes me tired just looking at the pics of the work you have done. Can't wait to see finished product. I am sure you can't either

Thanks! At times I felt like I should be farther along.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Thanks! At times I felt like I should be farther along.
that happens.everything takes longer than we think it should.these small doses of progress like dropping an engine in place or getting the nose hung back on always kept me moving forward.sometimes NOT looking at the overall picture works out,it's easy to become overwhelmed. think smaller obtainable goals if you have to.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Domestic responsibilitys tonight. Did get pics tonight.

IMG_20220519_161130317.jpg IMG_20220519_161115065_HDR.jpg IMG_20220519_161043757_HDR.jpg

After taking a minute to look at it, I think it is fixable. Just never messed with fiberglass much. Did mess up the blower fan mounting points, but I may be able to work through it.

Never messed with fiberglass much, any ideas or tips?

Reactions: 6 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Got a few little things done this week. Verified the transmission angle. Put exhaust manifolds on. Replaced plugs and wires cause a couple got messed up along the way. Also put on an oil cooler delete plate.

With the heater box, you use body filler with fiberglass or fiberglass and resin?

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Got a few little things done this week. Verified the transmission angle. Put exhaust manifolds on. Replaced plugs and wires cause a couple got messed up along the way. Also put on an oil cooler delete plate.

With the heater box, you use body filler with fiberglass or fiberglass and resin?
I believe you need fiberglass sheets with resin from what I've seen

• Agree

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
So I will read up on fiberglass and resin and work on the HVAC box. Need to purchase some supplies. Did some general cleaning and rearranging in the garage. Things are kinda at a turning point to start making progress again. Today's task was to drop the fuel tank. It was a temp solution anyways.

Old tank
IMG_20220522_180257244.jpg

New tank and sender
IMG_20220522_180355668.jpg

This tank came from the blue car and is pristine on the inside. I scuffed it and painted it when it was pulled.

Now I can plan my fuel lines. I want to run ptfe lines and an fittings but never worked with them before. Only ever used rubber or steel lines. I did run a new steel line back to front and just clamped rubber hoses for a temp solution. Not sure if fittings exist to mate to an or not. So if those of you familiar with an want to chime would be appreciated.

My task this week is too work on chassis painting the spots I didn't get the first time on the underbody.

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor