Too Cold Outside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Its too cold! My daily driver Camry is covered in road salt right now and it's too cold to wash it off. Currently my kitchen window thermometer is reading around 2-3°F, and even in my home garage it's only about 25°F. If you try to wash the car the water freezes the second it hits the car. I'm hoping none of my outdoor spigots have frozen and cracked, they are only brass. I started covering them a couple years ago but I still had one freeze up and crack last year. There has been a ton of water main breaks nearby already and I'm sure there will be more. Pittsburgh has a notoriously old and failure-prone water supply system. Most parts of the system are lead pipe and are over 110 years old.

I usually don't mind winter but this is just too cold!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The olny thing making me feel better about the cold is that I don't live closer to Lake Erie. Those who do have to deal with the *ss load of snow they gotta dig out of.

• Agree

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Man you said it, is it ever cold! I think about the water facets and pipes too,i hope everything goes well for my gbf family this winter.don't forget the older folks in your life too,these days with the cost of fuel,they're reluctant to turn the heat on.
Stay warm kids.think spring

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I made the 7 hour round trip to get my motor from my buddies house. It warmed up when I took this pic. Was -33C (-27f for the imperial guys) when I left home. Cold sucks the fun out of everything.

7F4DAEE8-2B8D-4B5B-966E-964802167060.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I here you there...but then living in the Great White North...we kinda gotta expect it...right now it's -15F feels like -29 with the wind and it's been like this for just about a week now. Supposed to warm up some later next week.

Nov 4, 2012
The olny thing making me feel better about the cold is that I don't live closer to Lake Erie. Those who do have to deal with the *ss load of snow they gotta dig out of.

Yeah something like 5 feet? We only got an inch or so here. I don't actually mind the snow since I have access to a plow, it's just the bitter cold I really don't like. I went inside after carrying the garbage to the curb yesterday, reached in the fridge to grab a pop and the pop actually felt warm in my hand.

Nov 4, 2012
Man you said it, is it ever cold! I think about the water facets and pipes too

I maintain two rental properties that my parents own and in 7 years of doing the maintenance on them, there has yet to be a winter without a major plumbing or furnace issue. Luckily they are occupied by very good tenants who are understanding when stuff breaks. So far this year I had to replace a kitchen faucet in one and a hot water heater in the other.

• Optimistic

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Yeah, hard to talk about global warming during a polar vortex . . .

And the signs of hypothermia?

Intense shivering
Slurred speech
Sudden confusion

That's like a normal, pretty much, any day of the week for me. Anything more telling I should be looking for?

• Agree

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Its brutal, every day since Dec 26th has only has had highs in the 20s, normal highs are in the 40s. Its rare we get such a long stretch of below freezing weather like this, especially so early in the winter too. Forecasters say this cold snap is going to last at least another week.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor