Top quality/best fit Car Cover- 85 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPUDGE10

n00b
Aug 24, 2010
recommendations appreciated from experience. Indoor/outdoor versatile all around. Willing to spend as will be my last one purchased.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
what are you trying to protect it from? If you want one that fits like a glove I think you'll have to have one custom made

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006

Wouldn't recommend it for any length of time. I can only say this, a friend of mine stored his then-new GN in the Navy parking stable (fenced in area on base where sailors park cars when they go out to sea) and against my recommendation, he put a cover on it. With a lock cable underneath. We got back from sea and he had a nice rub-through mark on the back of the top where a hem was sewn together, plus the cover had blown off the corners and was all jacked up. It would have been gone had he not had the cable. Who knows how long it had been that way. 1st day gone or last day gone. I drove my 72 442 and parked it next to his. BUT....I forgot to unhook the battery, and left the dash map light on...for 3 months. Of course, it killed the battery. His at least started up. Unfortunately back then, no place to hook up a battery tender.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
Covercraft has various models of custom fit covers for indoor or outdoor.

I wouldn't say a cover is a problem at all. Just have to buy a good one and use it properly.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
I bought a Cover King for my Monte Carlo. I am storing it in the garage and it is well waxed but over the winter it is nice having it covered. The other side is being used to work on a 41 Chevy and that can generate a lot of dust. Also helps protect the car from people walking by it.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I bought a Cover King for my Monte Carlo. I am storing it in the garage and it is well waxed but over the winter it is nice having it covered. The other side is being used to work on a 41 Chevy and that can generate a lot of dust. Also helps protect the car from people walking by it.
Indoor only covers are the only ones I'd consider. No wind to ruffle it on the paint causing rub marks or wear thru, and it will protect the paint from debris from the other projects in the same space. This scenario would be my only thumbs up for a car cover.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor