Top vents not flowing????'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
A/C not blowing out of top vents in my 79 Malibu it blows out of the defrost and floor vents the 2 vacuum lines under the hood are connected anyone knows what the problem could be?Pictures or videos would be GREAT!!!!!THANKS

JimmyCamino

Greasemonkey
Dec 15, 2020
Alexandria, VA
Those vacuum-actuated controls can be tempermental. On mine if the upper vents to open when I switch it to BI-LEVEL, I switch it to VENT then back to BI-LEVEL, then to NORM, then back to BI-LEVEL. That usually frees it up. Yeah, I've taken it apart and replaced controls, but there are still times when it doesn't want to cooperate. Unless you have a broken vacuum line or blocked/stuck actuator.

Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
make sure you have sufficient manifold vacuum to the black ball under hood and through it. Next go to the HVAC control and make sure you have sufficient vacuum. If you do most likely is bad rotary vacuum switch.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Rotary vacuum switch what's that?
It’s the round device (tan) behind the control panel. The fact that you don’t know what this is tells me you haven’t taken your control panel a part yet. You should be checking all the connections.

1616971914846.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor