Torque converter questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 13, 2018
I am getting a new race torque converter for my El Camino but when I went to buy a new one on the options it didn't have 10.00 it has other ones but not 10 so if you know please help

Link

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 13, 2018
I am getting a new race torque converter for my El Camino but when I went to buy a new one on the options it didn't have 10.00 it has other ones but not 10 so if you know please help
BTW it's a th400

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
10 what?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
What companies are you looking at? What is the engine, car weight, tire size, and rear setup? Where do you want to shift at?

Any of the good reputable companies will be able to accomodate your needs, you just need to have ALL of your drivetrain info handy.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
The convertor needs to complement the rest of your package and where you are going to make power. Engine size, compression, heads, intake, cam, and as Cutty said your rear end and tire size, Prices for convertors go from A TO Z. If you plan to be a serious racer you get what you pay for. I have personally used Abruzzi, FTI, & Greg Slack

• Agree

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
That's all well and good, but does it have 10.00?
dunno.gif

• Haha

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
ya think?
thinking.png

Last edited:

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Well, I am going to basically say the same thing that has been said. If you are really looking for a race converter, then call somebody and have one built and not off a sheet, picking your own criteria. Converter diameter is a tool used to establish stall speed required and converter characteristics. Not just a random data point to pick off a sheet.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
FTI is a good company, as are Circle D, Coan and Yank. Buy the best one you can for your application.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor