Torque specs for 81 MC V6 timing cover????please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Activemetalwerks

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 26, 2019
Unfortunately my dumbass dropped a blade into the fuel pump mounting port. Now I have the front cover taken off this 231 3.8l that I can not for the life of me find the torque specs. Yes I know I can buy the book but I do not plan on having this motor long . Anyone have the torque specs needed for the Front cover, oil pump, water pump, harmonic balancer bolt.

alsoshould I put gasket maker on top of the gaskets. I sell all bolts besides the oil pump bolt had gasket maker on it so I will repeat that.

thank you for your help, I hope to get his 1 owner MCstarted after 10 yrs of sitting, so all and anyadvice is welcomed and greatly appreciated.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
These are the spec's from my 79 GM manual for the 231 3.8 litre. Hope it will help.

P1012216.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor