Total custom G-body

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonesninja

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2009
Lima, Ohio
Hey guys, it's been long enough so I decided to begin my 81 Cutty Brougham project. This will no doubt be a 1-2 year labor of love project for me. Now, I realize that in the custom world, as with G-Bodies, it's either love it or hate it. I am 200% positive that this will be the case with mine. This car will be definately one of the most unique rides on this forum. I am able to take the bad with the good, so feel free but keep it clean!!

First, the starting photo. Pretty much stock Cutty I mistakenly allowed someone who claimed they were a body man start working on my car. I had to take the car back after I discovered that they had NO bodyman experience at all!!!

DSC02926.jpg

So after sitting in my driveway for the last 2 years, and several attempts to unload it....it was time to make my dream into a reality. First step.....Chop the roof completely off.

IMG00053-20090916-1859-1.jpg

Now this is where I'm at right now, stripping off the bad, bad spray can primer and 1st grade bondo work. This will be updated as i go.....and trust me, there will be a ton of suprizes on this job, including a full custom interior.

Hope you guys tune in.....if you like custom work, then you will appreciate the amount of work going into this.

fodoimp

Master Mechanic
Oct 8, 2006
Southern New Jersey
if you need any tips on the convertible transformation this user tonys57chevy has 2 or 3 convertible montes.

bonesninja

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2009
Lima, Ohio
fodoimp said:
if you need any tips on the convertible transformation this user tonys57chevy has 2 or 3 convertible montes.

I forgot to mention.....this car will flat out be topless....no convertible top.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
:shock: Good luck!! I don't know if I could bring myself to cut the top off of a cutlass... Thats just me though. See if you can top 85CB's 40 something page build thread... :lol:

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
omg!!! where is the bar`on top of the front windshied .is that safe ?

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
did you happen to brace the body before the top got cut off??

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
First of all.....it's your car...your money , your time.
Do with it what YOU want.

That said, I like the look of the convertible chop you are doing.

Keep it up and keep us updated.
Don't lose heart.

The 4 door Chevy is just great. Sick. Different. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor