TPI in a Monte Carlo SS

Monte SS 383

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2007
Altoona PA
Has anyone done this here yet? Any suggestions?

I am in the process of doing it now if any one is interested I can enter progress and take some pics to post and list some parts.

Reactions: 1 user
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I believe Painless Performance has a plug and play wiring harness for this conversion.

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
I've done it. The wireing part is the worst. I used a stock 87 camaro harness, and it was a pain in the arse. I rewired it again over the winter with another stock harness.

Lesson I learned, spend the extra money and get a plug and play harness next time. lol

post your pics and progress.

Monte SS 383

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 26, 2007
Altoona PA
I had bought one from Howell it is supposed to be a direct fit for the G-body to the TPI set up. My only mistake was thinking that when they said that it would work with all the emissions on the Monte is that you still had to get the Camaro sensors for it to work with the emissions. I am in the process now of looking for the Canister purge and the EGR solenoid. I hat to by new ones when I had a chip burnt for it that ignored all the emissions and ran it like they where not there.

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
I'm running mine with a burnt chip as well. No emmissions for this cat.

Verz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 14, 2006
Wichita KS
Jman how do you like your TPI and do you have any pics?

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
I absolutely love it. Gm should have done this from day one. I gives me a crap load of torq, and with the 5speed behind it, its ba bye tires. lol

motor004.jpg

motor003.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor