Tps sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-AM-JD

Apprentice
Jan 7, 2020
Sacramento CA
hey everyone. But someone be kind enough to tell me the location of the throttle position sensor on a 1980 Buick Regal 3.8? It would be greatly appreciated thank you

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
hey everyone. But someone be kind enough to tell me the location of the throttle position sensor on a 1980 Buick Regal 3.8? It would be greatly appreciated thank you
Just seen your post! Since the TPS was controlled by the CCC ( computer command control system) and these were NOT in place in GM's line up until 1981, WITH THE ACCEPTION of 1980 TURBO equipped engines, to use to retard spark and timing to prevent detonation under turbo power. And 78/79 seen this TOO however these control units were small boxes mounted to the fan shroud, VERY primitive. SO, your car if i'm not mistaking does NOT have a TPS.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I realize your car is only a two barrel carb, but this is a wonderful and very informative video and will show you the location IF you did have one on yours, but like I had stated, it shouldn't being a 1980.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor