Tranmission question

Status
Not open for further replies.

warmonga

Greasemonkey
Apr 9, 2006
I got a th200 transmission (NOT A 2004R ) I will like to know if that can be used without the computer. I looked at the transmission and on the left side (drivers side ) there is a plug for a wire harness of sum sort. The vehicle am gonna use it on does not have a computer. Thanks

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
The only electronics would be a solenoid to activate the clutch inside the torque converter; TCC. There are aftermarket kits available to allow the TCC to operate automatically without a computer. Most integrate a vacuum switch into the circuit.

warmonga

Greasemonkey
Apr 9, 2006
MeanBuicks said:
The only electronics would be a solenoid to activate the clutch inside the torque converter; TCC. There are aftermarket kits available to allow the TCC to operate automatically without a computer. Most integrate a vacuum switch into the circuit.

thanks am gonna look into the vacum switch ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor