transmission fill tube question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewpie79

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2006
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I was under my car today seeing which transmission I have and noticed that at the back of the transmission there was an uncovered hose connection. Then what appears to be the transmission fluid filler tube is next to it, not connected to anything. Question- is there suppose to be a little ribber hose that connects the two? Also, how do you know if you have a THM250 or 350?

Pbngem

Greasemonkey
Oct 17, 2010
well, it sound like you are talking about the vacuum modulator at the rear of the transmission?

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
You can tell the difference between the two by looking for the band adjuster. The th250 has a band adjuster. Just google th250 and you will see plenty pics of what im talking about.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
kewpie79 said:
Thanks for the link, what to do about that vacuum modulator with no line?
You need to run a vacuum line from the intake/carburetor to the valve.

Are you saying that your dipstick tube/fill tube is not connected :?: That has an o-ring on the end and it just pops down into your transmission (takes some persuading sometimes)

kewpie79

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2006
Albuquerque, New Mexico
All the emissions were taken out when a local mechanic put in my motor. Would this vacuum line still be necessary?

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
kewpie79 said:
All the emissions were taken out when a local mechanic put in my motor. Would this vacuum line still be necessary?

Yes. You need it hooked up so that the trans will shift properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor