Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Sounds great! Congratulations.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
That's a cool project. I always liked the fire chicken over the camaro in those years.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
That's a cool project. I always liked the fire chicken over the camaro in those years.
Actually for just about any year they were made, the Trans Am/Firebird were nicer looking. The WS6 rear view is also way nicer than a plain Firebird for those years. To bad GM cut costs with a 7.625" rear end.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Thanks guys, been a fun project all in all. I agree about the rear axle i wish GM had put an 8.5 rear in it. Im hoping that this weekend i can cure the pinion seal leak and be able to test drive it. Then one of the cutlass's will be going in the garage and i can start a whole new build thread on those!

Reactions: 2 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Okay so good news! The pinion seal leak is fixed. More of the butchery done by previous owners the yoke wasnt right for my car. The seal as you can see in the pic has a large gap around the surface it should be sealing on. Not good. So went to the parts store and they pulled the seal for a '98 car. The seal fit the yoke and was the right outer diameter for the housing so i got that and boom its fixed. So at some point either the entire rear has been swapped or the yoke has been swapped from an earlier car. Now that that is fixed i can test drive it. Also started to wrap the roof. its not perfect but its not too bad either.

Attachments

• pinion.jpg
    pinion.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 229
  • roof.jpg
    roof.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 259
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor