Trans. Crossmember Bushings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I'm finally doing the transmission rebuild on the TH350 in my Monte Carlo. While removing the transmission I found out that the bushings that hold the crossmember to the frame are shot. I've been looking online for a replacement set and I found some but they're a little expensive.

These are the ones I found.

polyblackcrossmembermounts.jpg

This is where I found them. http://www.buickgn.com/crossmembermounts.htm

Does anybody know where to find them cheaper?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Those are the ones I bought. They were the only ones I found. I like that they are polyurethane. Let me check my OPG catalog. You might check with Mikes Montes. Many have said he has way more stuff than is on his site.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Nothing in all 3 of my OPG catalogs.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Odd, I don't recall those bushing on any Gbody I have ever worked on. 99% sure the only bushing I have is on the trans mount.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I didn't find them on The Parts Place website either.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I don't see any need for them. The support bushing installed on the transmission isolates the transmission from the crossmember, If there are any vibrations transfered from the tansmission the crossmember which is mount directly on the frame the body mounts isolate the body from the frame

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I don't see any need for them. The support bushing installed on the transmission isolates the transmission from the crossmember, If there are any vibrations transfered from the tansmission the crossmember which is mount directly on the frame the body mounts isolate the body from the frame

Ok. Then how do I attach my crossmember? The bolts go through the crossmember and into the metal part of the bushing. That's where the threads are. How else would I go about this?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
What about the change in driveline angle from eliminating them?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor