Trans go shift kit tv boost valve stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

442_87

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I was installing my transgo shift kit, and I have concern / question on the tv boost valve ( for the pressure regulator)

So the factory one was a pain to get out ( no idea why)

So I put in the new one as per trans go instructions.

It went in real stiff( this should of been a sign to stop) but I didn’t

I tapped it in, set the snap ring . When I push on the valve with a screwdriver it barely moves .

Anyone out there can help?

Now if it is an issue , how the heck do I pull it out( transmission is still in the car )

Thanks in advance

442_87

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I was installing my transgo shift kit, and I have concern / question on the tv boost valve ( for the pressure regulator)

So the factory one was a pain to get out ( no idea why)

So I put in the new one as per trans go instructions.

It went in real stiff( this should of been a sign to stop) but I didn’t

I tapped it in, set the snap ring . When I push on the valve with a screwdriver it barely moves .

Anyone out there can help?

Now if it is an issue , how the heck do I pull it out( transmission is still in the car )

Thanks in advance
Anyone?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Have you tried calling their Product and Tech Support (626)-443-7451

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It doesn't move a lot, I have done a few of these kits. I had one where I didn't get the snap ring in right and it shot into the pan going down the road. With the snap ring removed, a light tap should loosen it to remove.

442_87

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2014
Hello Everyone

An update i just got off the phone with Tech support, and he did mention that it shouldn’t be stiff going in perhaps it was a burr ? Mind you I didn’t feel one .

. He did mention the movement is minimal as noted by "olds307 and 403" the movement is minimal ( About 37 thou ( approx a mm , i'm metric guy) )

Thank you to PontiacGP and Olds307and 403 for your responses

Much appreciated , will post an update once i'm done.

Thanks

Last edited:

442_87

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2014
Ok update

Well I manages to put it back together triple checked the check balls , and everything else

So filled it with 6 liters then started and added 2 more liters

Took it for a drive, seems ok then it stopped shifting wouldn’t catch second gear. Stuck in first no matter I did . I tried manual shifting it , but no luck

So I took the pan off again , and the fluid was dark and smelt as it was burning

Any ideas? Looks like I may need a transmission?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That sucks, I hope someone jumps in to help you out. I don't have much knowledge of auto transmissions...

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Make sure the governor is all together, it will not shift past first otherwise. Did you check line pressure?

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor