Barney Stinson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
This is why I schmear some Permatex Ultra Black on EVERY stinking gasket I ever change. Never no trouble after that.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Supremeone

Apprentice
Feb 23, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Changed the shift linkage seal, kickdown cable oring and noticed the bolt wasn’t getting tight enough so replaced that with a shorter one. Not leaking except for a few drips now. Going to change the cork pan gasket out before I store it for the winter.

Reactions: 3 users

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
When you change it, dont crank down really hard on the pan bolts, overtight is as bad as not tight enough . just take a 3/8 ratchet and hold the head with one hand and just put light pressure on the handle until it stops moving and then just a slight bump and its perfect. you are not trying to attach the main rotorheadd to an H60 ..lol

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I go wrist tight with a 1/4" ratchet.
Or hell a nut driver

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor