Trans question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutlass383

Master Mechanic
Nov 24, 2009
Oklahoma City
Looking to do the ls swap in my 84 H/O and before some kills me for doing this I did rebuild the original motor and Trans and will be put to the side of I decide to sell. Question if upgrade to the 60E Trans can I still use the hurst shifters? If I keep the 200 r4 do I need to carb the ls motor? I really want the upgraded Trans but wanna keep the shifters..... Thanks guys.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1 user
If the 60e has the same linkage as the 700, you may need to modify the arm at the trans. I had a 700 in my car for a few years and could not get full range on the shifter. I am pretty sure the shift bowl on the column won't work since the 60e has that electric switch on the side with the gear selector. Have you searched the drivetrain section?

black_aerocoupe

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
The 200-4R bracket can be held with 4L60 pan bolts just the same.
Not with LRs, but I have had multiple 700R4s and multiple 200-4Rs in the same car. Same "throw" at the shifter cranklever.

If you ran a manual tune for T56 car with timing table for an automatic car, the 200-4R is an option too.
You have to either use a cable throttle body w/ the adapter for TV cable. Or rig your own under-dash setup so the pedal operates the TV cable.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
The 200-4R bracket can be held with 4L60 pan bolts just the same.
Not with LRs, but I have had multiple 700R4s and multiple 200-4Rs in the same car. Same "throw" at the shifter cranklever.

X2

I'm assuming you're talking about lightning rods. My B&M megashifter uses the same trans shift lever and cable bracket for every gm transmission (TH400 uses different bolt holes on the cable bracket.) So your cable operated lightning rods should work fine with a 4l60e, which is badass lol.

Or rig your own under-dash setup so the pedal operates the TV cable.

I've never heard of this before, good idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor