trans. temp gauge for drain plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

kifried

Apprentice
Feb 3, 2008
Wichita, KS
I recently read somewhere, which I can't track down, that there are some places where you can get transmission temperature gauges that attach into the transmission pan drain plug. I haven't been able to find such a product, anyone know where you can get such a thing?

Also, do the typical autometer trans. temp gauges come with all the required fittings and wires or do you have to purchase everything individually?

thanks, Ken

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
the gauge does come with pretty much everything i needed, but i decided to mount it in the trans fluid line so i bought a T fitting and some cipples and did it that way, i believe B&M does make a drain plug with the hole in it for a sender, but i didnt want some little fitting sitting that low with any chance of getting hit and falling out or breaking.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
you know.. cipples and bits! :rofl:

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Our cars didn't have transmission drain plugs from the factory - you'll have to drill the pan or tap into one of the lines if you want to install a temp gauge.

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
sorry i meant nipples! and not hose kind either but the only for use with car plumbing.
you can install it inline on the trans cooler line that goes to the radiator or transmission cooler if you have one, just make sure its the line comming from the transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor