transmission cooler line/radiator fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

snotrocket71

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2011
Wading River Long Island
hey guys! I have a gbody parts aluminum radiator and was wondering what size adapter is needed to go from rad to cooler lines, the rad has large threads... also has anyone had experience with these transmission cooler lines: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/add-23-1500/overview/ ...sorry to sound like an idiot I was looking in the internet but wasn't having much luck.

snotrocket71

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2011
Wading River Long Island
anyone??? still puttsing around with this thing

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have never used those lines since I always make my own, to me pre-assembled anything are usually more of a universal fit, if your radiator has the standard 5/16" inverted flare fittings then this kit won't work without adapters for the radiator side,you will need part https://www.summitracing.com/parts/add-23-1501 and either kit you have to use your factory trans fittings or an aftermarket equivalent.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

snotrocket71

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2011
Wading River Long Island
I have never used those lines since I always make my own, to me pre-assembled anything are usually more of a universal fit, if your radiator has the standard 5/16" inverted flare fittings then this kit won't work without adapters for the radiator side,you will need part https://www.summitracing.com/parts/add-23-1501 and either kit you have to use your factory trans fittings or an aftermarket equivalent.
thanks for the link, i'll have to figure something out soon

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
I'm using those exact lines, I love them. I got them because I wanted to be able to remove my engine and trans easily for seasonal checkup. All of my plumbing is - AN and I have a tight bundle of wires in the same place.

I bought conversion fittings on both ends. So I have male AN on both the trans and cooler side now and I have routed these lines far away from exhaust.

I did receive a defective part initially where the end was not crimped. But summit took care of me.

I'm not sure if they are actually 90*. Mine were not, you may want to call and double check.

Reactions: 1 users

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
A trick my trans guy taught me years ago, regardless of if you want to convert the threads or not, put a brass/aluminum fitting into the radiator, and then thread the cooler lines into that fitting. If ever you strip the threads, you dont destroy the radiator. Its saved me a couple times. So i have aluminum fittings going into my trans and these lines thread into those fittings.

Just double checked, both ends on my kit were definitely straight female fittings.

In the first pic, that line was defective. Summit exchanged it, no issues.
IMG_3794.jpg
IMG_4435.JPG

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor