Transmission lock up problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsoler12183

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 26, 2019
I have a 87 cutlass supreme with no a aftermarket edelbrock carburetor and a hei distributor everything works right but I have not lock up on my 200 metric transmission I traced the wires I took a pick of what I have any way to make lock up work without the computer I bought a pressure switch that mounts out side the transmission but I didn’t have the port to hook it up so I sent it back I heard of some guys using a switch to do it any info would be appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• DDC6FFBF-1498-4B1A-B649-2CA486C6ED5F.jpeg
    DDC6FFBF-1498-4B1A-B649-2CA486C6ED5F.jpeg
    731.7 KB · Views: 189
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yes 12 volts and a switch. But you have to turn it off at low speeds.

Apr 9, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
the B&M lockup converter is what I use. It uses your speedo cable to set where it locks up/unlocks as well as a brake light switch signal to unlock. I only did this because I am using a 700R4 and no computer. It works pretty well and I would recommend it, but if yours worked before, there should be a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor