Transmission, no go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same issue with the last 2004R. It is probably a clearance issue in the pump. I bandaided it with a .550" boost valve and stiffer spring, brought it up to 220 psi in first and second. Just another example of how finicky the 2004R is.
What kind of gauge do you use? I had a MAC on mine and it bounced constantly, probably 20lbs each way.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What kind of gauge do you use? I had a MAC on mine and it bounced constantly, probably 20lbs each way.
EBay special. I will have to see if it was stolen. Mine only fluctuated a little bit from memory.

Is such a big fluctuation indicative of a bad pump?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Is such a big fluctuation indicative of a bad pump?
Yes. As said, probably too much clearance or a bad regulator spring. I only remember lower pressure, the fluctuation for me was a momentary hesitation in pressure then right to 215-220 psi. Supposedly the .550" boost valves can act like that.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor