MONTE CARLO Transmission Shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolio

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 23, 2018
I have a rebuilt 700r4 transmission in my Monte Carlo ss. The problem I'm having is that it's shifting way too early. I want to know besides the TV cable what is a way to get it to shift properly? Any info/suggestions to try?

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
they sell corvette governor. but only raises full throttle shifts

Last edited:

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
the tv cable as i have interpreted will control line pressure in correlation to throttle. it will adjust shift points and shift feel to an extent. Also If memory serves me it controls full throttle downshifts. governor controls full throttle shifts only. I always thought tv cable had a “perfect” adjustment but it is really an operating range. for example you can adjust tv cable where shift for 1-2 will happen between 15-20mph. later or earlier within that range will change mph a little and firmness or softness of shift. full throttle shifts kind of bypass tv cable and allow full line pressure which is controlled by the governor

Attachments

• TV Cable Instructions.pdf
    326.1 KB · Views: 627
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor