TRANSMISSION storage???'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
I have 700r4 transmission that has been rebuilt and I will be storing it in my garage is there any special way to store it,should I put fluid in it and the converter and turn it over every now and then or just leave it dry and covered up?

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
I have 700r4 transmission that has been rebuilt and I will be storing it in my garage is there any special way to store it,should I put fluid in it and the converter and turn it over every now and then or just leave it dry and covered up?
Just keep it from getting wet and your be ok with a dry storage keep a little fluid in it no need to turn it over stick a old yoke in the tail to keep dirt out

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
The trans in my 442 was stored empty in a garage for about 15-20 years before I bought it. It works fine for almost 10 years now. The only issue I had was the outer gasket and o ring for the front pump started to leak when I put it in, i had already changed the front and rear seals filter and pan gasket before installation.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you are concernd about moisture you can buy shrink rap film and get out your hairdryer to seal the transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor