transmission swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Just crank the radio. Only would be like twice a year for a car show or two across state.
It will be very liveable with the 2004R.

Reactions: 1 user

Crazyc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 19, 2019
Granted, the 4.10's would be fun on the street going from stoplight to stoplight, but any kind of distance driving, you're gonna hate 'em. If the car is going to see any track use, then I'd say keep them, otherwise sell them and find a desirable gear you could live with. Again, I think the drone from driving an hour or two each way is going to drive you mad.
Ok
It will be very liveable with the 2004R.
that’s what I like to hear

hoffa65

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2019
Atlanta GA
With that motor the TC should stall about 2500.
Stall in a TC is basically the amount of RPM the motor will run up to before it starts to multiple torque and move the input shaft of the transmission. The TC will still generate torque at lower RPMs and move the transmission but it doesn't start multiplying torque until 2000-2500 depending on torque output from motor.
If you hit the gas from a dead stop the TC will let the motor rev up to 2500 and then launch, motor will be in its power building RPM and off you go lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor